The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for Dawlish Warren Pharmacy.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- Dawlish Warren Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( Dawlish Warren Pharmacy and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by Dawlish Warren Pharmacy and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help Dawlish Warren Pharmacy, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, Dawlish Warren Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by Dawlish Warren Pharmacy and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and Dawlish Warren Pharmacy may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
DAWLISH WARREN PHARMACY PHARMACY PRIVACY NOTICE
We process your personal data, which includes your name, contact details,prescription medicines and data from other pharmacy and health care serviceswe provide to you (including, for example, pharmacy medicines, medicine usereviews, flu vaccinations and stop smoking services) for the purposes of:Your care – providing pharmacy services and care to you and, asappropriate, sharing your information with your GP and others in thewider NHS;
Our payments – sharing your information with the NHS Business ServicesAuthority, others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, andonly limited information to those external to the NHS who negotiate andcheck the accuracy of our payments; and,
Management – sharing only limited information with the NHS BusinessServices Authority and others in the wider NHS, and sometimes LocalAuthorities; as well as those external to the NHS who ensure we maintainappropriate professional and service standards and that yourdeclarations and ours are accurate.We hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS. You have a right toa copy of the information we hold about you, generally without charge. You mayseek to correct any inaccurate information.We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the publicinterest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and the management ofhealthcare systems. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of yourinformation. You may object to us holding your information. You may also lodge acomplaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Please ask if you want more information.Our Data Protection Officer is Philip Allen Dawlish Warren Pharmacy, 1Warren Road, Dawlish Warren. EX7 0PQ. 01626 863649Our pharmacists and their staff are members of your local healthcare team.They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare. To do this they need tokeep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provideto you.We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information heldabout you.
As part of providing a professional, safe and efficient service, there is certaininformation that we record. This includes details of drugs and appliances dispensedagainst NHS prescriptions as well as significant advice given, and referrals made toother health professionals and any other relevant information.
Information recorded may include:
- basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin;
- records of medicines you have been prescribed by your doctor or anotherqualified prescriber, and which have been supplied by this pharmacy;
- details of medicines purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription (“overthe counter medicines”);
- other details and notes about your health and medical treatment;
- information relevant to your continued care from other people who care foryouand know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives; and
- any other services we provide to you, for example, a flu vaccination.
We process your personal data, which includesinformation from your prescriptions and any other pharmacy and health care serviceswe provide to you (including medicines use reviews, flu vaccinations, stop smokingservices etc.) for the purposes of:Your care – providing pharmacy services and care to you and, as appropriate, sharing your informationwith your GP and others in the wider NHS;
Our payments – sharing your information with the NHS Business Services Authority,others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, and only limited informationto those external to the NHS who negotiate and check the accuracy of our payments;and,
Management – sharing only limited information with the NHS Business ServicesAuthority and others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities; as well asthose external to the NHS who ensure we maintain appropriate professional and servicestandards and that your declarations and ours are accurate.We hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest for theprovision of healthcare and treatment. A pharmacist is responsible for theconfidentiality of your information.
You have the right to confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation and[the Data Protection Act 2018] and the common law duty of confidence.We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidential Information andpharmacists have a requirement under their professional standards to keep recordsabout you confidential, secure and accurate.All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patientinformation confidential.
Our guiding principle is that we process your records in strict confidence.
Your right to view your health record
You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you (generally inpaper or electronic form).Generally, there will be no charge for a printed copy of the information we holdabout you. We are required to respond to your request within one month.You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you(for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID,for example a passport, full driving licence or credit/debit card before anyinformation is released to you.If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let usknow.You may object to us holding your information.You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, WycliffeHouse, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Our Data Protection Officer is Philip Allen, Dawlish Warren Pharmacy,1 Warren Road, Dawlish Warren. EX7 0PQ. 01626 863649
How we look after and safeguard information about you
We make make every effort to ensure that the information we hold about you is keptsafely and share your information only when it is required for your safe and effectivecare and treatment.All our staff are trained in how to treat information confidentially.We store information on computers and as paper records. Paper records are storedsafely within the pharmacy and shredded when no longer needed.All records, including computer based ones are stored for as long as required by theNHS.Any organisations outside the NHS that we use, for example, for the maintenance ofcomputer equipment, are contracted and have their own policies in place forsafeguarding personal information.